GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ON SMALL BUSINESSES OUT OF CONTROL?
1. Should it be a patient's choice to use some of these new ways of diagnosing health problems? Why or why not? Why might the government not allow it? Are their reasons justified?
2. What did you think of the new medical developments discussed in the video? Did they sound dangerous? Innovative? Explain your opinions of them.
3. What is “eminent domain”? Do you think it is a good or bad thing? Why?
4. What are your thoughts on the story of the woman arrested for braiding hair? Was that fair or was it a case of regulations going too far? Defend your answer.
5. Take into account everything someone must do to braid hair or teach braiding legally. How might this affect those wanting to start a business? List the benefits and drawbacks of these types of regulations. Does one list outweigh the other?