IS THE DATA ON THE RISING COST OF HEALTH CARE MISLEADING?
1. Why does Cliff Asness say that rising health care costs are a good thing? What does he mean by this? Do you agree?
2. Do we need Obamacare? Why or why not? What would an alternative be?
3. What does Cliff Asness mean when he says that Obamacare "cheats"? Do you agree? Defend your answer.
4. Stossel says discrimination is the "good part" of insurance. Is it ever possible for discrimination to be beneficial? Why or why not?
5. How does accepting people with pre-existing conditions affect the insurance industry? What are the benefits and/or drawbacks of doing so?
6. Asness says "nothing is free." What does he mean? Is Obamacare free? Why do proponents say it is? Why do critics say it's not? Which do you agree with and why?