IS GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE HURTING PATIENTS?
1. What is the Hippocratic oath?
2. Dr. Singer argues that health care laws are changing the Hippocratic oath. Why does he think this? Do you agree? Would these changes be a good or bad thing?
3. What should doctors' priorities be when it comes to their patients? Do the new health care laws facilitate these things? Defend your answer.
4. Has increased government involvement in health care affected the doctor/patient relationship? In what way?
5. Do doctors know what works best for their own industry? Should they have a say in how healthcare is run? Why or why not? What did you think of Dr. Singer's alternative ideas?