ESSAY CONTEST PRIZES
1ST PLACE PRIZE
- Plus an all-expense-paid trip to New York City*—including Lunch with John Stossel.
2ND PLACE PRIZE
Every teacher whose student(s) earn an honorable-mention award or better will receive an autographed copy of one of John Stossel's bestselling books!
|10 FINALISTS||$200 ea.|
|25 SEMI-FINALISTS||$100 ea.|
|50 HONORABLE MENTIONS||$50 ea.|
Get those students writing! Best of luck to all!
* Trip Details for 1st place winner:
Winning essays submitted by teachers for their students, or by parents or guardians for under-18 essay writers, will earn the trip for the teacher/parent/guardian as well.
Winning essays submitted by students connected to a teacher registered on our website will earn the trip for the teacher as well.
Winners under 18 years of age whose essays were submitted by their non-parent teachers may each select a parent or guardian to accompany them on the trip, in addition to their teachers. Winning essays submitted by students for themselves, who are not connected to a teacher registered on our website, will have the option of choosing a guest (18 years or older) to accompany them on the trip.
Trip to New York will be June 12th - June 14th, 2018.
- Round-trip airfare to New York City for all eligible travelers (details in above paragraph).
- Hotel rooms (one for 1st place winner and parent/guardian/guest to share, and one for any eligible teacher) for two nights (June 12th & June 13th) in New York City.
- Meals, etc.
- $250 to cover meals and misc. expenses for two days in New York City for each winner and each eligible traveler.