AIRBNB RENTAL BREAKING CITY RULES?
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: 09/14/2015
1. Would you stay at an Airbnb? Why or why not?
2. Why does the government want to make Airbnb illegal? Are they justified? Defend your answer.
3. Should you be able to do what you want with your own home, as long as you're not harming anyone? Why or why not?
4. What problems might Airbnb cause in someone's community? How could these problems be avoided? Is regulation (or banning them completely) the only way?
5. One reason hotel owners are angry is because they pay a tax that Airbnb operators don't pay. How could this problem be remedied? Should hotel owners have the right to use government to get rid of the Airbnbs? Defend your answer.